Update: this study is now live here!
One of the bigger challenges that marketing agencies and consultants face is “how much do I charge?”
With the popularity of our SEO company rates page, it is painfully obvious that this is a need in the industry. The need is on both sides – agencies need to know if they are over or under charging relative to the market at large, and businesses looking to hire should also have more transparency into how much they should expect to pay.
If I had a nickel for every time I’ve heard a business say “We don’t know what to expect for what we should pay for this”, let’s just say I would have a lot of nickels.
Which is why I am happy today to announce the 2017 Digital Marketing Agency and Consultant Survey!
What Questions Are Asked?
The survey (embedded below) contains questions such as:
- The size of your consultancy
- Types of projects you take (one time, recurring)
- Minimum project size you take for one-off projects
- Types of services you offer
We plan to take the data gathered and slice it by the different available options so that we can answer questions like:
- Do agencies or individual consultants charge more?
- How much do agencies who just do SEO charge as compared to agencies who provide multiple services?
- Do consultants focusing on strategy charge more or less than consultants who service the strategies created?
Who Should Take This Survey?
This survey is open to all agency owners/employees and solo consultants who desire to give feedback on how much they charge their clients. We are concentrating on the US, UK, and Australia but the survey is open to all agencies/consultants in all countries as there is an Other option where you can input your country.
Dates and Timelines
The survey is open from December 1 to December 31, 2016. We are aiming to get 300 responses from agencies and consultants worldwide.
The results will be published here on the Credo site sometime near the end of January 2017.